Here's a bit about me.
Hi, there! I'm Madison. I'm a wedding photographer based in New York City! I recently moved to NYC this past year, and I love everything about it. Although I was born and raised in the Midwest, I’d take the noise and crowded streets of the city any day. Living here also makes my job that much more exciting. I get to document the best day of people’s lives and over again, and it is the most beautiful thing to be a part of.
I've been interested in creating since I was extremely young. I could always be found playing with a camera as a kid. My favorite pastime was making movies, taking pictures, and creating stories. It wasn't until my senior year of high school that I realized this was what I wanted to do with my life and decided to seriously pursue it. It has grown me, stretched me, and blessed me in ways I could have never pictured. I'm so glad I chose it.
I love the meaning that images posses. There is no other mechanism in existence that has the ability to freeze the emotion and significance of a moment the way a photo can, and that is so special to me. The reality is that even our own memories will not last forever, so having something tangible to hold in your hands even after so many years have passed is one of the most important investments you can make.
Capturing love stories is my passion. There is no comparison to working with people in love. The best part of my job is witnessing all of the raw, beautiful, human moments that may have been missed if someone were not watching for them. I would love to meet you and tell pieces of your story.
ten Things About Me:
- I love Jesus and gave my life to Him my freshman year of high school.
- I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio for most of my life. While I wasn’t crazy about the cornfields and small towns, I still have a lot of love for my little city!
- I’m currently studying Small Business Management at Miami University, but I was originally an education major. I wanted to be a teacher for yeeears (I still do sometimes!).
- Meeting people and making connections is such a fun part of my job, but I’m a total introvert through and through (any other independent INFJs out there?).
- I had never actually attended a wedding until I began shooting them!
- I don’t love coffee, but I’ll take a chai latte ANY day. Any one else not a huge coffee person?
- The city has definitely made me more adventurous, but a perfect night to me consists of reading and staying home in my fuzzy socks. #grandmaprobs
- I cannot refuse a plate of mozzarella sticks.
- I have an embarrassingly unhealthy obsession with Lifetime movies.
- My favorite part of photography is connecting with new people and hearing their stories. I've met some amazing people and genuinely feel like my clients are friends.
I'd love to connect + get to know more about you!