Here's a bit about me.
Hi, there! I'm Madison. I'm a wedding photographer based in New York City! I recently moved to NYC this past year, and I love everything about it. Although I was born and raised in the Midwest, I’d take the noise and crowded streets of the city any day. Living here also makes my job that much more exciting. I get to document the best day of people’s lives and over again, and it is the most beautiful thing to be a part of.
I've been interested in creating since I was extremely young. I could always be found playing with a camera as a kid. My favorite pastime was making movies, taking pictures, and creating stories. It wasn't until my senior year of high school that I realized this was what I wanted to do with my life and decided to seriously pursue it. It has grown me, stretched me, and blessed me in ways I could have never pictured. I'm so glad I chose it.
I love the meaning that images posses. There is no other mechanism in existence that has the ability to freeze the emotion and significance of a moment the way a photo can, and that is so special to me. The reality is that even our own memories will not last forever, so having something tangible to hold in your hands even after so many years have passed is one of the most important investments you can make.
Capturing love stories is my passion. There is no comparison to working with people in love. The best part of my job is witnessing all of the raw, beautiful, human moments that may have been missed if someone were not watching for them. I would love to meet you and tell pieces of your story.
ten Things About Me:
- I moved to New York City when I was nineteen years old. It was hands down the scariest and best decision of my life.
- I’m originally from the Midwest and grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio. I wasn’t crazy about the cornfields and small towns, but I still have a lot of love for the Queen City!
- When I’m not taking photos or running around the city, I’m usually glued to my laptop working on an assignment (ugh). I’m currently finishing up my degree in Small Business Management at Miami University of Ohio!
- I had never actually attended a wedding until I began shooting them!
- I used to be painfully shy. I’ve totally come out of my shell after moving to the city and meeting strangers faster than the season premiere of the Bachelor, but there was a time I haaated that part of my personality. Now I feel like it’s actually helped me connect with my clients who are more shy in front of the camera, and I love that.
- If you know me, you know my love for Mexican food is actually ridiculous. I’d like to think my taco delivery guy and I have some sort of unspoken friendship since he shows up to my door about twice a week.
- The city has definitely made me more adventurous, but I’m a total introvert through and through. I’ll shamelessly take a night at home in my fuzzy socks any day.
- I was never a cat person until I got my sweet kitten, Luna, once I started living on my own a few years ago. Don’t worry, though. If you put your dog in a bowtie at your wedding, I will totally shed a tear of joy behind my camera.
- I have an embarrassingly unhealthy obsession with Lifetime movies. If you know, you know, okay?
- My favorite part of my job is the stories. Hearing them, witnessing them, and retelling them with my work. From the embarrassing high school days to your first kiss to the exact moment that you knew you were in love. My clients are my friends, and it’s the coolest thing getting to know them.
I’d LOVE to connect + get to know your story!